Thursday, December 04, 2025

time spent in Vancouver

Easing back into the blogging here...

A week ago we flew up to Vancouver.  A week already.  US Thanksgiving, and the travel was easy.  I thought it curious that our flight was full, but LAX was fairly quiet, and my gosh but the international arrivals at YVR


was all the more so.  A breeze through that!  If only the weather were prettier.  Ah well.  Late fall in Vancouver, right?  I don't mind it at all.  It feels a little more like real Vancouver.

We headed into downtown, to our hotel, but our room was not yet ready.  Leaving our luggage at the hotel, we ventured first to the club


for a bit of lunch, then wandered around mostly in Gastown, a part of Vancouver that - curiously enough - Van had never been to.  We poked in a few shops, not many, and took a few photos,




and eventually made it back to the hotel for check-in.  We had a little time before catching a bus

to get to dinner that night, the subject of a different blog entry to come.

On the Friday morning I was up before the others and out the door on a little walk of my own, capturing some shots down near the convention center and around Coal Harbour before returning to the hotel to pick up Conrad for more of a walk.  A clear morning, a real contrast with the day before, but not at all warm, oh no.  But it promised to be a nice day for flying!  Here, then, are some shots:










It's always lovely to get a bit of time in Vancouver, and I always come away thinking that I should be living there.  One day?  Maybe not.  But I'll look forward to the next visit! 

No comments: