Sunday, December 14, 2025

second weekend in December

Hello from Sunday evening.  Dishes are almost done, we'll head to bed before too long.  I have a very easy day at work tomorrow, and I shan't go back after tomorrow for three weeks.  Yay!  So let me blog a little here, and then I will turn in for the night....

Back to Friday.  Friday morning was a lovely morning.  I headed out on a walk




without Conrad and got some good step count in that morning and all day for the first time since before I was sick in November.  At last.  I've resigned myself to whatever will be will be for this last month of the year, but I do need to recommit myself to doing some proper exercise in times ahead.

Friday evening was Conrad's office holiday party.  A nice time, truly.  I took a shot of me dressed up for it


but otherwise didn't bother taking photos at the event.  The food was fine, the drinks were fine, the company was nice.  We had a good night, all in all.  And it was a relatively easy walk home!

Saturday!  Ah, not a great start to the day.  I swear I didn't overindulge at the holiday party, but maybe I did?  In any case, after breakfast at Amara,




it was a low key day of reading and music and not too much.  It wasn't until much later in the day that we got ourselves gussied up and headed out.  Up first, the annual Candlelight Concert by the Pasadena Symphony. 

And then from there to a party at a home in Eagle Rock.

As for today, again, pretty casual and low key.  We eventually made it over to TJ's for groceries, and once I had some milk, I began the process of clarifying pomegranate margaritas. 



Where were the margaritas from?  Conrad's office party - they had some large batches of cocktails, and why let them go to waste?  I consider it my prize for coming in 4th in the trivia contest.

Anyway, the batch is now in the fridge and will need another filter.  We'll see how that turns out.  I otherwise made cocktails for online happy hour.  Pictured here, the Honolulu #1, the Winter Rye Solstice, and the Honolulu #2. 



It was this last one that was our first round drink.  Conrad stuck to that one, but for my second drink, I made the one Chris was enjoying, the Forest Elixir. 

And then I had some wine

while we grazed a board of stuff I put together for dinner. 

We tried watching a holiday romcom, but it just wasn't doing it for us.  Ah well.

And then it was blogging the weekend.

Lots of stuff ahead this week, and I will try to check in and blog about them, either one at a time or as a group.  Stay tuned.... 

No comments: