Friday, June 30, 2006

SB, last night of June 2006

Nothing much to report in this entry. I simply wanted to post a cute photo of my sweet handsome man before I wander off for a long night of sleep. I'll work on diligently posting through the weekend!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

A long night of sleep...now you're talking...(sigh)...zzzzz...

Peter said...

You must be up and about by now Brenda. I hope you're going to have a good long weekend. Happy Canada Day!

Stunned Donor said...

Canada is a threat to our security down here..they have socialised medicine, gay marriage and..and...TEA!

(I'm channeling my paranoid cousin that says traveling to Europe is treason).

But seriously, Quebec is totally asking for it, what's up with poutine?

Peter said...

Oh Steven, you've gone and made it personal now. Poutine is a culinary wonder, and one wintry night some day you'll find yourself on the streets of Montreal having consumed a few too many Maudit or Blanche de Chambly. Then, and only then, will you understand how good that dish can be!

Stunned Donor said...

Sort of like too many jaegermeisters in Florida and hitting the Krystal Burger?

Anonymous said...

Peter - Thank you, Happy Independence Day to you on July 4th!

Steven - (lol) Yes, we have socialized medicine and gay marriage! Hopefully that will remain although these days...

Peter said...

Brenda! I am still a Canadian, remember!!!!

Steven, never having known the thrill of jaegermeisters, and not having much appreciation for Florida, I'll have to take your word for it. Am I missing out on something?

;-)

Stunned Donor said...

it's herbal, it's like aromatherapy for your liver!

Anonymous said...

lol - aromatherapy for your liver!

I've never been to White Castle or Krystal Burger. All these fancy burger joints you have in the States...

Stunned Donor said...

Brenda

Count your blessings, they're not very good and you have to be legally intoxicated before they'll serve you.

By the way, I live about 40 miles due south of Port Dover, Ontario and they're planning a high-speed ferry which I plan to use often. I love Canada and I'm always saying that Canadians are just like Americans, only skinny, polite, intelligent and kind.

Peter said...

Never Jeph. Make sure to have some on hand for the next time the Web team visits you at KSU!

Conrad refuses to eat at White Castle, but ever since I read Motherless Brooklyn I've been dying to try it. On the other hand, it was on the KSU trip that I tried Hardee's for the first time.

Peter said...

Steven, given your location you're practically Ontarian!

Skinny? It's amazing that the Montrealais are given the poutine. The smoking helps!


Okay, I must go make some lemon curd....

Stunned Donor said...

mmm lemon curd.

Peter said...

By dinnertime tonight I'll have folded the chilled curd into some whipped cream and layered it all with a blueberry sauce and some sponge cake I made last night. Triflr, in other words, though not the classic sherry-soaked one of my childhood.

Stunned Donor said...

Damn, the roads are blocked with vacationers, I can't make Chicago by dinner. I guess I'll just soak myself in some sherry here and mope.

Peter said...

It's for a barabecue tomorrow night - the trifle needs to set up for a while, so overnight should suit it fine. If you can drive all night (shades of Cyndi Lauper and Roy Orbison - pun intended with that last one!) you can tag along, meet some non-gardening librarian types, and have a bowl of trifle!

Stunned Donor said...

I'm actually considering a quick jaunt back to NYC, Cintra is having a party on the 4th and I think it would be a hoot to show up unexpected.

Peter said...

Well, I'll pretend to be all hurt and huffy for all of two seconds, but otherwise wish you safe travel. Besides, I'd rather have you try visiting when you can bring us much bounty from your garden!

Stunned Donor said...

At this point, it's just an thought (The NYC dash). I can only imagine what a hotel room would cost at the last moment, if indeed one can be found and omg..gas is high..It'd be cheaper to have a tin of caviar delivered to the party.Imagine if I FLEW last minute.