Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Party for Allison and Sean


I am so very behind on posting to the blog, and I can only tear myself away to do this when PR is on a commercial break. Sorry.

Back to Labour (yes, Jeffrey, Labour) Day weekend: Allison and Sean came down from Toronto for a visit. Allison is a dear from from our GSLIS days, and she's been to Chicago about a half-dozen times. This was Sean's first time, however, and we think and hope he liked it. At least for most of the weekend the weather cooperated!

Two-dozen people filled our cozy apartment on Saturday night, some of the Allison had met before, some not. I laid out some snacks, having baked some white chocolate chip cookies, a fregolatta (an Italian shortbread, baked as one large cookie, and flavoured with lemon, almonds, and brandy) and some lemon romano crackers,and made up some mixed nuts spiced with rosemary and cayenne. Some serrano ham, some cheeses, some olives, a whole bunch of wine and beer available. Folks, we had a party on our hands!

So, some photos...

Smelts:


Hey, wait, she's not a Smelt!

Library folk:



Non-Smelts, non-library folk (yes, we know some!):
Hey, nice shirt Handsome!

More Allison and Sean even:

But really, folks, what blog is this? It's all about the food 'round here!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Great pics Peter! And a good party overall. I had a great weekend in Chicago, and it was fun to see everyone again and for the first time!

Anonymous said...

I'll echo Allison's comments and say, "Great pics, Peter!"

Next party...can I come?! :)

Peter said...

Aw, shucks! Thanks!