So much for my night. I had great plans to get some housework done, and instead I found myself in the kitchen right from the time I got home. Dinner first (country style pork ribs, a reduction of the braising liquid, braised cabbage with apples, caramelized parsnip), then on to some cookies.
[sigh]
Obligations like this always seem to come up when I'm not necessarily in the mood to do baking. And it's always baking, of course. People never want you to show up with a nice stew. For the tea, then, some empire cookies - simple cookies sandwiched with raspberry jam, topped with almond icing.
Pretty, a reliable recipe from my Mum. If I've got an obligation, I may as well make it easy and familiar work for me.Enough moaning. By the time I get back from Denver next week, I'll be happy to get into the kitchen again, playing with sugar, butter, and more.
3 comments:
but it's so pretty and I'm sure will be much appreciated! But I know what you mean - I hate making things when I have to instead of by choice!
They did go over well, yes. And I was just being a grouch that night. Ah well. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sometimes feels the pressure, though.
Store bought?
Do I even KNOW you anymore?
Post a Comment