Thursday, February 18, 2010

cool things for free

The Olympic posts will jump around now on this morning of catching up. Two days ago, yesterday, whenever.

For example, I had wanted to post these images and video last night, but I was rather tuckered out. We were on our way from the hockey game in search of dinner, and we stopped in at La Maison du Quebec. Ultimately, the four of us ended up at Campganolo for a late-ish dinner and a bit of wine. However, we did have the good luck to hear the tail end of some music and see this guy with his hoop.






Conrad and I had seen him a few nights ago during the performances at the medal ceremony at BC Place, though not so close. This time, he almost got out of control and ran a couple of people over in front of me.

I don't get a lot of the media complaints about this whole event. I wonder if the media are actually getting out and seeing the crowds enjoying the free or inexpensive entertainments like this. I was so very glad we stopped in to Quebec House, and I think I must take advantage of the free download the musical act gave out.

No comments: