Saturday, February 06, 2010

three new desserts at Yoshi's

In all the time I've been going to Yoshi's, I've never known such a dramatic change to the dessert tray. Oh sure, the creme brulee flavour will change (we still miss the purple potato one) or a sole dessert will be swapped out for another, but a week ago we were stunned to see most of the standby dishes gone. Instead, Yoshi has new, intriguing options. We've now (bows head shamefully) tried three:

Cassis mousse wrapped in green tea sponge, served atop a dark chocolate terrine.

Purple potato cheesecake with a red bean center.

Creme caramel with persimmon sorbet.

The winner? Hmmm. The mousse, I think. A very complete dessert. The creme caramel is the best single component, but persimmons are a little indistinct for sorbet no matter how lovely the hue.

Sometimes even the regular things we take a little for granted can change things up, right?

No comments: