Sunday, February 14, 2010

sea of red

Sure, he flashes a hint of blue and yellow, but really, Conrad has fallen deep into Canuckistani identity. Just look at that tuque on him! Roots! Actually, the Right to Play tuque, a cooperative effort with Roots. Just wait until we start dressing in all the gear we were buying at The Bay today. I know we'll be back at the Olympic Store again.

In fact, the gear is one really cool things about this event. Oh, quibble with the design (I like a lot of the Canada stuff, not so much of the blue and green Vancouver 2010 stuff), but it's a kick to see so many people wearing it. Red, everywhere. The mittens, for example, are ubiquitous. Marie had a pair for Conrad,
and I already had mine, so we fit in well.

We're not a country that is so very unabashedly patriotic, but it wouldn't be a bad thing if we were a little more demonstrably proud of our heritage than usual. Walking around the city, today, the sea of red was a glorious sight. Tomorrow, I don more red and join my people. With glowing heart, of course!

No comments: