Sunday, February 14, 2010

those harsh Canadian winters

So, my American friends, tell me again all those great jokes about snowshoes and igloos and dogsleds in abundance once you cross the border. Yes, it surely MUST be cold where I come from. I mean, gosh, there are barely any flowers in bloom
or buds on trees here in Vancouver.
Bitter conditions indeed.

;-)

In fact, the snow on Cypress Mountain has been an issue. Me? I'm not so concerned as I've been able to roam the city in a handsome new sweater with a scarf draped on merely for effect. Vain creature that I am, I did think it an absolutely perfect spring day out there.

Oh, and to my friends in Baltimore, DC, and nearby: in now way am I trying to rub in how hard a winter you've had, I promise. Just exulting in the lovely sunny Sunday it turned out to be here is all...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Revenge will be ours.