Thursday, September 12, 2024

Il Monastero

Van has exceptional taste in hotels, I have to say.  I’ve stayed in some lovely places with him, and the start of our Italian vacation finds us at another such beauty:  Il Monastero.

We’ve been here one night only so far, three to go.  And yet, already yesterday we joked about canceling the rest of the trip and just staying here for two-plus weeks.  We have a spacious



two-bedroom,


two-bathroom

suite.  Zoom in on this photo if you can:  the leftmost glads window is the window of one of our bedrooms.

There are many stairs, but, happily, there is an elevator to take us most of the way up from the water level.

I’m currently sitting out on one deck,


enjoying the breeze, writing some postcards and posting to social media.  Van is feeling less than 100%, so Conrad

and I will stick close to the room.  Plenty to see and enjoy on grounds anyway.

But ah, what a treat this is!

No comments: