Saturday, September 07, 2024

not a willful lull!

I swear, I promise.  Two things have conspired against postings this past week.  

First, I have had a cold.  Not a bad one, happily.  But I have a trip coming up (more on that in a moment), and I babied myself as much as I could.  So that meant a lot of low key time at home (and one evening at Van's


watching most of that trainwreck of a The Bachelorette finale - we couldn't finish, it was so terrible).

Second, it's been hot.  Really hot.  Bloody awful hot.  I think it only made it to 103 here today, a comedown from 108 yesterday when we had an hourlong rolling blackout that, happily, didn't affect us too much.  We've hardly been out because of the heat.

All will change soon.  A big trip coming up, leaving Tuesday morning.  Exciting!  Packing is underway, and it's hard to know how much to bring. 


We'll figure it out.  I won't take the laptop with me, but I'll make an effort to blog as best I can!

No comments: