Saturday, September 28, 2024

what even is a normal Saturday anymore?


I'm (not really) seriously asking!

A lot of travel for us from late July through to now, and more to come in the first half of October.  It's a wonder that our friends at Amara still remember us!

But remember us they did this morning.  We took our jetlagged selves out for a short walk in the neighbourhood with Amara as our goal.  It was early there - our ticket number was 5 - and we were able to chat with Alec and the staff before it got busy.  And oh yes, there was food.  I was hungry, surprisingly.  My usual arepa for breakfast


(and Conrad's usual breakfast sandwich for him) along with a decaf oat milk latte

(and a second one because we were enjoying sitting there).  Alec sent out churros with a pumpkin spice cream as a nice little treat as well. 

Bellies satisfied, we headed home to begin errands and unpacking.

So good to be back, though!  A shame I won't get another Saturday morning there now for three weeks....

No comments: