There is regular bus service around the lake. And everyone uses it. So it was that I was standing for 50 minutes while the bus careened around curves. At least Conrad had a seat - Van had to stand as well. Based on that, we waited in line for 40 minutes in Como and caught a ferry back up the lake.
Yesterday was another ferry day. This time we headed the farthest north in Italy where we have and will set foot (at least by the end of this trip), traveling to Varenna basically just for lunch. We ride outside on the way there
and inside on the way back,
and the warm interior plus the gentle motion had me dozing a little, I admit.
and inside on the way back,
and the warm interior plus the gentle motion had me dozing a little, I admit.
I think that will be all the ferry trips for this part of the holiday. We are due for rain today and kind of want a low key day today. But if you ever vacation on Lake Como, be sure to use the ferries!



No comments:
Post a Comment