Saturday, September 09, 2006

more shots from baking


Home from the BBQ. I've eaten far too much crap today. Before Dave comments more about wanting to wear my cupcakes, allow me to tempt you with a few more photos.

I put together some white chocolate chip-macadamia nut cookies from dough I'd pulled from the freezer last night. That was a doodle - slice, mound, bake.

The cupcakes were a little more involved. I'd made the recipe twice before - including once for a MoveOn.org bake sale that a few teammates were running on the corner of Broadway and Melrose.

Bake the cupcakes. Cool. Pipe into them a peanut butter filling.

Dip in ganache. Dip again.

Decorate with a rosette of peanut butter filling.

It took some time, but the reception to them at the BBQ was terrific.

Oh, and I must thank the not-so-N-anymoreBF for sending me the amazing gift of preserves and fresh veggies; the box they came in was ideal for transporting the cupcakes!

3 comments:

the ginger tabby said...

That's one thing I've never been fond of - peanut butter & chocolate. Give me peanut butter any day and give me chocolate any day but together - I'll pass. They look unbelievable, though. Very scrumptious! Maybe, just maybe, these would be the treats to get me over my choc-and-pb dislike...

Peter said...

I honestly didn't know that Brett was such a fan of PB and chocolate, but now you've given me ideas!

LOL

And sorry, no photos of the tomatoes. I am immensely grateful for them, however.

Peter said...

Brenda, they were pretty good, I think. I've always liked the combo of flavours since it gives me the sweet/salt mix that I frequently crave.