I will have fun posts on the food, the shopping, the people in my life, certainly. I just want to take a bit of time this morning while I linger over breakfast and lattes to take stock.
I am 40 today.
I have a man I love, one whom I will marry next year. Conrad grounds me, Conrad completes me.

I have family. I have a lot of family - steps and halves and such. At the core, though, is my sister Marie.
I have three of four parents. I do not have a father alive any longer, and I wish he were here to celebrate. I am not sad, do not think that, just simply wishing he could enjoy this celebration and the ones still ahead.

I have no grandparents left. How odd to realize that.
I have a good job that I will still not comment about on this blog. I am employed, I have tenure, and I have great colleagues.
I have my health. I set a goal of being in the best shape of my life when I hit 40. I think I've come pretty close, though I've indulged well in food and wine this last week or so. No matter. Do I need to lose more weight? Well, maybe re-distribute it a little more and firm/tone up more. But I like how I fit my clothes, and I am pretty comfortable in my skin at this moment.
I have friends whom I love dearly. I have former friends I wish were no longer "former". I miss some people who have moved on in my life. I am thankful for my best friend (Todd),
Kendall,
CG,
Jeph,
Martin
(and Mark), BTH,
Darth and Heidi
and the great group from library school, our Yoshi's friends,

the good friends who have stuck by Conrad since before I knew them and him,
Louise
and Sandra and Wayne and others in Terrace, the Don Diego's family,
the Smelts and other swimming friends like Chris and Brian and Daniel and Frank.I have a good life. I have said that several times to Conrad lately, and also to TK when we chat. Oh sure, I want to win that Lottery ($50 million? I MUST buy a ticket today!) and have a life of ease. But I've earned every grey hair starting to poke through, every wrinkle, every memory, ever difficulty and every reward.
So, yep: totally milking 40. Why not?
And thanks all of you who read this blog for being a part of it, too.
1 comment:
What a beautiful tribute! Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment