(that was a hint for cards, gifts, meals out, beers after work)
I'm all over the place with these posts - the only thing not progressing chronologically it seems - so heck, I'll just jump back into blogging with this one. The topic? Greg.
I am, it should be noted, a frequent and deeply involved user of Facebook. Funnily enough, I resisted for a long time, up until about 2.5 years ago. And then? Blammo! Off and running! Conrad shakes his head and says he should get his own profile, but I tell him, why bother? I keep up with enough people on Facebook that he doesn't need to.
Facebook is, however, a great way to make connections to new people. In some cases I have used it to get to know better some of the people I see only at conferences - the best example of this is how it was a great tool for TK and me as we built up our close friendship we now enjoy. It's also a way to meet people, though. Friends of friends, common interests. Greg falls into this latter group, then. Someone I met online and just found easy to get along with. Months and months later and there I am, in his neighbourhood, more or less, and an opportunity to meet.
Greg has more hair than I thought he would.
He's a sweetheart. Conrad and I were down staying in Carmel near Indianapolis for a swim event, and Greg drove on over to meet us at our hotel.
We lingered nearby outside for photos on the fine evening.
But yes, Greg exists. If you see his name, "liking" things I post, you now know that he really is out there, he really is a very charming (Conrad enjoyed meeting him very much) and handsome guy. Which is my way of trying to fix him up with my single gay friends, I suppose - any takers?
;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment