I won't use this blog to summarize the conference. In truth, I am still so enmeshed in the governance of the association, I don't get to see much of the conference outside of particular types of meetings. One day...
I did get to see a few speakers, at the opening and closing sessions as well as at the ALA President's program. Judy Blume drew a huge crowd late on the Friday afternoon, and she was terrific.
Such terrific, warm wit. Amanda Gorman and Christian Robinson in interview at the Tuesday closing session were charming together, and the fact that they had collaborated but not in person until that Tuesday was surprising given their brother-sister rapport. I especially liked Hineleimoana Wong-Kalu as interviewed by ALA President (now past-president) Lessa Kanani'opua Pelayo-Lozada.
One day, I told Lessa, I would love to have conversation over dinner with her about Hawaiian sovereignty. I felt like I learned a lot from that program.
And that's conference. Resolutions, financial reports, blah blah blah. Interesting to me, not so much to others, I know. So let me post photos of me with others, mostly at one reception or another. Because, truly, conference is so very valuable for how we can nurture and extend our professional networks and for how the people in those networks become more than just colleagues and associates but friends.
So then...
Christina
Steven and John
Oscar
Sara
John
Peter
Sherry
Loida
Ann
I actually didn't take a lot of photos, just enjoyed catching up with folks. All the people you see at conference - that's what I appreciate so much.













No comments:
Post a Comment