Okey dokey, folks, let get caught up. I am heading out of the country tomorrow for a handful of days, and I won't be taking the laptop along, so I should get some blog entries queued up for while I am gone. Join me, then, as we go back in time to Chicago...
Conrad and I didn't get a dinner to ourselves at the conference, but we did get to dine out a couple of times with friends who were also in attendance at the event. Friday night we enjoyed The Gage with Janice and William. Saturday we headed out of our usual way, down to the Bridgeport neighbourhood, to meet up with Ed at The Duck Inn.
Cute name, right? I can't recall ever having gone to a restaurant or bar or shop in that neighbourhood in all my years in Chicago, but I'm glad Ed found the place and recommended it. I still don't get the knife in Conrad's cocktail, but I otherwise rather liked the place. A nice patio set up out back for a fine summer evening (and before the smoke overtook Chicago). A clear vibe of locals and regulars.
Conrad and I arrived early, so we enjoyed a cocktail each (mine was the In Bloom: Dandelion - yum!),
and then joined Ed at a table. We shared duck wings,
a burrata dish, and the duck and octopus sausage.
Then we each had a Chicago dog.
It felt silly and right. Did we have dessert? I can't recall, but I think we skipped it.
My verdict: heck yes, I'd go back. I love it when I look at a menu and think, I would happily order anything from this. Great options, a nice setting. Worth a return for sure!






No comments:
Post a Comment