Given the rise of food truck culture in the past decade or so, it's perhaps not surprising that the best thing I ate in Glasgow was from one such place. The VIP area of the TRNSMT festival that Allison and I attended on the Friday had a number of establishments offering some interesting things (if only the bar options had been a little more creative), but what drew us both was the Fish and Frites truck.
Yes, the name is kind of too cute, but come on: haddock and chips! Haddock is such great fish for frying up, and I can promise that what we had was piping hot, flaky and moist, and in a light and crisp batter. Plus, the frites were terrific!
Allison and I practically inhaled our meal - we were rather hungry by that point and had been on the go a whole lot (with many more steps to come!)
- and then went off in search of beverage. Cider for me, beer for her, and a bit of relaxing before the headliners, Pulp, came on.
It's kind of fitting that the best food of the trip was at the event that was such a highlight of my too-short time over there.



No comments:
Post a Comment