Wednesday, July 19, 2023

two good recent meals

A few days away from the laptop again, and now I have to catch up on posts.  Story of my summer so far, right?

Let's back up to last Saturday.  We usually make Fridays our Maestro evening, but this time we went in on a Saturday, claiming seats at the bar right when the restaurant opened.  There were some good and interesting new or special items on the menu, which was a treat.  A watermelon cocktail that had great balance - just super refreshing and enjoyable - was where I started. 


The three of us shared a few dishes, including the carne en su jugo, which was very tasty. 

I want to order it again and have some rice on hand to sop up some of the braising (I'm guessing) liquid.  We don't often do dessert there, and when we do, we tend to order the tres leches carrot cake.  Last Saturday, however, there was a blood orange upside down cake on the menu, and we couldn't resist that.

All in all, a lovely meal, and so good to chat with the people there.  We'll be back again on Friday.

Last night Conrad and I got in the door just before 8:00, I think, returning from Vancouver and delayed by forty or more minutes.  There was no way I was going to try to pull together a dinner, so we dropped off our bags and headed nearby to U Street Pizza.  They serve cocktails, they have pizza, what more did we need.  So we had an easy and fairly quick dinner that included one round of Last Words,


a caesar salad,

and a pepperoni pizza. 

Bellies full and content, we then waddled home to unpack and head to bed.

No comments: