Tuesday, July 04, 2023

observing Canada Day

Yes, I know, it's USA Day today.  But last Saturday was Canada Day, and that's a big deal.  So let's celebrate my homeland even if I have set foot it in only once since before the pandemic started, and that was over a year ago (but soon to be rectified).

Oh, I kid somewhat.  Canada Day is great and all, but I'm not really all about nationalistic displays.  For sure, I would have liked to have made up a grand meal featuring Canadian products and recipes, but no.  No butter tarts or Nanaimo bars.  I had to settle for a bottle of a lovely BC wine from Joie at dinner.


No worries, that's fine.  The three of us sat out on the deck and had a fine evening. 


I made us bacon cheeseburgers, and that is why this particular Canadian is fat!


But it really was tasty....

No comments: