Wednesday, July 12, 2023

chicken cacciatore

Tuesday night dinner was a nice standby:  chicken cacciatore.  It's an old favourite of Conrad's.  Years ago in Chicago he asked me to cook it for him, and I didn't have a go-to recipe.  So, I turned to his Joy of Cooking.  I did NOT care for the outcome.  Just not good.  Ah well.  Live and learn.

Someone gave me a copy of a Jamie Oliver cookbook a good while back, and it was there that I found the recipe that I now use.  Pieces of chicken, marinated overnight in red wine with garlic, bay leaf, and rosemary.  Patted dry, dredged in flour, browned in a pan.  Then garlic gently sauteed before adding in the marinade, tomatoes, olives, and anchovies.  All of that added to the chicken in a casserole, and into the oven for a nice long time.

I served it atop some linguine tonight, topped it with some parmesan, and added a bit of broccoli so that we could claim it to be healthy. 


Close enough.  Better still:  plenty of leftovers for days ahead!

And so we enjoyed a nice little dinner outside. 


It's good to be at home!


No comments: