Monday, July 24, 2023

an anniversary

This past Saturday, Conrad, Van, and I celebrated a small anniversary.  Four years previously, Van had come to dinner for the first time.  He and I had met online, and on that date, we were meeting in person.  I made short ribs for the three of us, and we sat outside.  It was a lovely evening.

And now look at us.


So happy anniversary to us, and hooray for a Saturday to celebrate properly.  We started the day with breakfast at Amara, and then Conrad and I got things done at the condo.  Later that afternoon, we hopped onto the A line and headed down to the Broad Museum to take in the Keith Haring show



as well as some of the regular collections. 

The show was excellent, and I liked the Kara Walker gallery, but the museum was a bit of a zoo of tourists taking selfies with some well-known pieces of pop and modern art.  I didn't mind leaving at closing time.  A short walk through among some skyscrapers and public art

then past the library, and we were at Drago Centro for dinner.

I didn't take photos at dinner until Conrad demanded that I photograph the dessert.  A chocolate dessert, with an extra scoop of salted caramel ice cream, which was a great idea. 


We had a very nice time in a shockingly almost empty restaurant.  It's not a place that we go to often at all, but it is a place we keep in mind for special occasions, such as this.  We splurged on a nicely aged (1995) Chianti, and stretched our meal out over 2.5 hours.

It was a lovely, leisurely afternoon and evening for the three of us.  At the end of it, we took an Uber home to Olive, contented, glad that we celebrated something worth celebrating.



No comments: